At Ivory Coat Companion Goods we have worked closely with animal nutritionists and veterinarians to make this nutrient-dense, grain free, hypoallergenic food the best option for your companion to ensure long term natural health.
Is grain free right for your companion?
There are a number of reasons why informed pet owners are making the switch to quality grain free foods, including these:
- Many dogs are allergic to corn, wheat, and other common grains, which can cause digestive and/or skin issues.
- Grain free foods are easier for a dog to digest.
- Grain free foods closely mimic a natural diet – the kind your pet would eat in the wild.
- Grain free foods often contain fewer ingredients and known allergens.
- Pet owners feeding a grain-free diet usually notice thicker, firmer and more regular stools.
- High quality grain free foods typically have a higher meat content, providing high levels of omega 3 fatty acids that help make your dog’s coat thick, shiny and healthy.
- High quality grain free foods are a great source of energy for active dogs and enhance lean muscle maintenance due to their higher meat content.
- Grains, especially wheat, corn and rice, are commonly used as ‘fillers’ in low quality foods for bulk rather than nutrition.
We always recommend, when choosing a food for your companion, whether grain free or not, you start by reviewing the ingredients that make up that food. After all, a food is only as good as its ingredients.
The first 5 ingredients make up the majority of the food. Would you eat the first 5 ingredients in your current pet food product?
Always make an informed choice and, if in doubt, speak with your trusted veterinarian. Ask them what, and more importantly why, they recommend a particular food for your companion.